Sunday, January 22, 2017

Happy New Year!

It is the New Year and I am finally caught up on the blog!! Yah!! Christmas if sadly over. The kids helped Daddie burn the Christmas Tree.



We did a few puzzles over the break.



With the kids home from school for so long, I could never get caught up on laundry.



Presley had a couple of play dates with her friend Ollie over the break.



Mom and Dad came up for New Year's Eve. We had a delicious steak and crab dinner and got in the hot tub. On New Year's Day, Grammy, Grampy, Katie, Trey and Addie came over for dinner. I made homemade applesauce using raw apples with my vitamix!



Presley holding sweet Addie on New Year's Day.



Bentley was pouting about something. We thought it made for a cute picture.



Mom and Dad lost a tree in a storm the day after New Year's.



Presley dressed in the 1980's era for her 80th day of school. We braided her hair the night before so that it would look crimped.



Too cute for words.



Bentley got to take sunglasses to school for Whale Watching. His teacher sent me this picture. Bentley looks like a little thug teenager!!



We had our first snow of the Winter.



Mikey took this picture from his office.



Bentley playing with some big Legos at Grammy and Grampy's.



Presley and Bentley's teachers both had birthdays the first week back to school! For Presley's teacher, I coordinated a class gift and collected money for a Visa Gift Card and also got her a dozen roses.



We also got Bentley's teacher a dozen roses. Since we had car pool line that day, he took them in to her all by himself. She sent me this picture and captioned "Melt my Heart". The bow didn't quite make it.



Bentley and I were both glad for him to be back at school!



I hosted book club. I picked What Alice Forgot to read and it was so relevant to us!! I totally recommend it. I had cheese and crackers for an appetizer. I made a salad with apples, bacon, craisins, candied walnuts, red onion and red bell pepper and made an apple poppy seed vinaigrette in the Vitamix. For dinner, I made Butternut Squash Ravioli with Chicken Sausage in a Thyme Butter Sauce. And for dessert, I made chocolate cookie bowls and put coffee ice cream in them and topped them with a salted caramel sauce. Yum!



Our discussion was great. During our discussion, a horrible storm went through. There were very strong winds and loud thunder and small hail. Luckily it was all gone by the time everyone had to drive home. At the time, we didn't realize the severity. The kids and I drove around the next morning and looked at the damage. There were fences down, trees down, signs down...



We heard other reports of an AC unit being torn off the cement base, trampolines gone from back yards, a part of a trampoline stuck in a roof, and broken windows. Some people think a tornado came through. The National Weather Service is still investigating. So scary and so glad no one was hurt.

I'll end this blog on a more postitive note with these beautiful roses.

No comments: