Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kiley's New Room!!

Sunday, August 31st, finally came. I have only been looking forward to it since the day I found out we were pregnant!! We thought it would be fun to include the rest of the family in our fun day. We wanted Kiley's room to come together with a lot of love, and it came together!! Mikey and I started working around 8am, prepping the room. We finished cleaning out the room and closet and getting the furniture ready for assembly. Mom, Dad, Mycah, Mike and Connie all came over on Sunday morning around 10am, and we got right to work. The guys were on furniture duty, and the girls were on painting duty, and I well...I did what I could. I had to include a picture of me getting ready to wash all of the bedding, so that all of you wouldn't think that I just sat around and supervised all day =). I was also the designated picture taker =).

The guys did a great job putting the furniture together. They started with the dresser, then put together the changing table since they had the drawer assembly down and then saved the crib for last. They waited to actually assemble the crib once they got it in the bedroom after the paint dried, so they even fit in some play time in the pool. Putting together furniture is definitely not Mikey's cup of tea, but he did so well. He stayed patient and it all came together great. He is going to be a great Daddie.

The girls tackled the painting. As we were taping around all of the trim, we realized that we did not have any drop cloths (the one that we did have was in the back of Cory's truck from Mycah's move last weekend). So Mom and Connie took a quick trip to Home Depot. Once the drop cloth was down and everything was taped off, the painting began. They did such a great job! Mycah did all of the rolling, and Mom and Connie cut in around all of the edges. I am so happy with the color that we picked. It is exactly what I had in mind! It looks so good up against the black trim and doors and the black furniture. While everyone else was hard at work, I washed all of the bedding and curtains in Kiley's laundry detergent. It smells so good, just like a baby!

Once the paint was dry, the boys moved the furniture in and we started making up the crib. The bedding really came together. I am very excited about it. Mom even ironed the dust ruffle and the sheet. That is probably the last time a sheet will get ironed in our house =).We decided to leave the wall with the black stripe. We thought it would be fun and different. We also kept our wedding shadow box in the room. We thought Kiley would like a picture of her Mommy and Daddie in her room.

We hope you enjoy the pictures as much as we enjoy the room. The Black Room is now Kiley's Room. It all seems that much more real when we walk into the room and see all of the purple and the little crib where she will lay in just a few weeks. We still have a lot of detail to do in the room, but we definitely got a good start with the paint, furniture and bedding. I will keep you posted on the progress. I am really looking forward to our showers so that we can fill up all of the drawers!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful! I love it!!!

Lisa Rich said...

The room looks great Lacey! Cant wait to see it!!