On Wednesday night, I finally got to celebrate my birthday with my family. Mom, Dad, and Mycah came over for a quick cocktail and I opened my last present from them. Mom & Dad got me my Coach Diaper Bag/Purse!! I am so excited. It has been a struggle to justify it to Mikey, but I think it is well worth the money =). After everyone was done with their cocktail, we headed North to Fireside Pies. I had been to the one on Henderson a few times, but wanted to try the new one. We met Mikey's parents there too, so there were seven of us.Their outside seating wasn't near as big as the one on Henderson, so we had to sit inside. Then I should have known from the beginning when they sat 7 of us at a 6 person table, it was going to be an interesting experience. We were so crammed into the booth, both on top of the table and underneath. Just our one salad and drinks took up the whole table, how were we going to fit 3 pizzas on the table. We hardly had any leg room, I couldn't even scoot up to the table to eat. We asked if we could trade tables and they told us it would be a 45 minute wait. So we decided to stick it out. The salad was delicious and the pizza was pretty good too. I think I let the uncomfortableness affect my experience with the food. After we paid and tipped (key word tipped) we asked the waitress to take our picture and she was very rude and said that she had other tables to tend to and someone else could do it. That just topped off the night, I will not go back there.
So to end on a good note, my wonderful inlaws celebrated with us too. They live up in Frisco, so the drive was very short and sweet for them. After dinner, I opened my presents from them. They got me some "switch flops". They are so cool. The top of the flip flop is velcro and you can change out the ribbon on them. They are so neat. I wish I would have thought of it. They also got me some fun things from their road trip to Colorado a few weeks ago and a gift certificate to my favorite place...Nordstrom, which is wear I got my baby shower dress. Yes, I still shop there 8 months pregnant!! In the end, being with my family is the best part, regardless of the silly restaurant. I had a great 28th birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment