On Saturday, my friends Trisha, Gretchen, Hilary and Lisa hosted a baby shower at our house honoring Kiley. Everything was so beautiful and we had a great turnout. The girls did such a great job on everything. The food was delicious and all of the flowers and decorations were perfect. The shower started around 1pm, and amazingly, everyone shows up to baby showers on time. Who would have known? I counted about 41 people. Everyone walked through the house to see the nursery and the girls served drinks while everyone mingled.
Then we started the line for the food. We had Mimosas, Tea and Water to drink, and the food, let me tell you about the food. We had chicken salad sandwiches, ham and cheese spirals, cream cheese rollups, fruit salad, chicken salad, crackers and cream cheese dip, pink angel and of course a beautiful cake.
It was all so yummy. As everyone got food and ate, I started opening presents. I have never opened so many presents in my life! Someone said that I opened presents for an hour and thirty five minutes. I felt like I was going really fast too! Kiley received so much fun stuff.
She got some big things, like her travel system stroller and car seat, pack n play, jogging stroller, bouncer, swing and booster chair. She also received things for her nursery, like sheets, diapers, pacifiers, bottles, sheet savers, burp cloths, receiving blankets, and much more. She received such cute little clothes too. She is going to be so adorable with her new dresses and outfits.
My Mom got little onesies in multiple sizes monogrammed with her name. They are too cute. Gretchen came up with this super cute idea. She put an insert into the invitation asking everyone to give Kiley their favorite childhood book and write a message to her inside. This was so special.
It was so much fun to see what everyone's favorite books were growing up reading the messages. I think I only cried twice, ok maybe 2.5 times. She now has quite a big library. We did get some duplicates, but I sent those home with the grandparents. I am sure she will have her favorites and will want to have them read to her no matter where she is.
All of this is so exciting and makes everything seem so much more real. I have such wonderful friends and family and a great support system. Mikey, Kiley and I are so lucky. We thank everyone for coming and all of the great gifts we received. Having a baby is very new to us and our family, and there is so much that we need. Everything we received on Saturday will help us out so much. We love you all. I will work on posting some pictures of the nursery and also some pictures of us trying to organize everything after the shower. Man, was that overwhelming. We received things that I didn't even know we needed. There sure is a lot of baby stuff out there!

No comments:
Post a Comment