Monday, June 16, 2008

The temperature is rising...

The weather sure was hot in Dallas this weekend. Luckily we spent the weekend in the water! Before I get to the celebrations, I have one quick baby update. I think Kiley woke me up on Saturday morning. I felt someone poking my tummy. I opened my eyes thinking that Mikey would be standing there and he wasn't. Of course by the time I woke up and realized what was going on, I didn't feel it again, but it was a pretty distinct feeling. I can't wait to feel her again!

We spent all day Saturday at KC's pool to celebrate Kelli's birthday! We had such a great time with everyone. We ate lots of yummy food and everyone else drank lots of yummy beverages. Thanks to Tom, we played some great games. There was even a watermelon seed spitting contest at one point. As you can see, Kelli loved her cake. It was a perfect day to spend in the pool. The time flew by! Before we knew it, it was 10pm!! Happy Birthday Kelli!

On Sunday, the temperature broke 100. Despite the heat, we had a great Father's Day. Sunday morning, the Dads and soon-to-be Dad (Mike, Mike, and Mikey) played golf. Then we all met at Mike and Connie's. We went to the pool and played water volleyball, and then came back to the house for dinner. The pulled pork was delicious!! We also watched some golf. Dad and Mikey had to relive their Torrey Pines experience (see the April blog) by watching the US Open. I know I said this on Mother's Day, but it is so fun to think that next year we will have a little one to celebrate with. It is so hard to picture what it will be like with a high chair at the dinner table and a little one crawling around and giving Daddy lovins on his special day. It will be so different, but so amazing.

After this unusually hot weeekend, we are looking forward to our trip up North!! In less than a week, we will be in NY. We can't wait!!

No comments: