Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Presley's 8th Birthday Party!

For the first time in 3 years, Presley asked to have a birthday party with her friends. The last two years we have had a girl day with mani pedis, lunch and shopping. We kept it small and invited a few of her close friends. She wanted it to be girls only so Mikey and Bentley went out for the night and I invited the Moms to stay since I am friends with them as well. We had it on a Friday evening and it worked out great. Everyone was able to come! I surprised her earlier in the day with a new bathing suit.



I kept it easy and made some appetizers, ordered pizza and made chocolate chip cookies and ice cream cups for dessert (per the birthday girl's request). We made each a girl a t-shirt for their party favor.



I forgot to mention that it rained ALL DAY! I was so worried because I didn't have an alternative plan. It literally stopped an hour or so before the party and then towards the end a huge storm blew in. Since we had to move the party inside, Presley ended up opening her presents.



Ollie ended up making a surprise appearance because I had invited his Mom, Mimi and her sitter fell through. We wanted her there and Presley loves her bestie Ollie so she made an exception. Then the boys came home because the storm cut their dinner short.



I have a ton of pictures of Presley opening her presents, but this one is so special to me. Mimi held Kiley the whole time. She is so sweet. We have bonded over the years of Presley and Ollie being in the same class. Mimi is a Mom of 4 boys and has had her struggles with Ollie's surgeries over the years. She is an amazing woman and has a heart of gold. Not to mention she is absolutely hilarious and is so much fun to be around.





While the girls were partying, the boys were having fun too...



This is the storm that blew in...



All in all, I would say the party was a success. Presley celebrated with her friends and had a blast. She got some great gifts. The Moms had a good time and so did the boys!

Happy 8th Birthday Presley Marie. You are growing into such a beautiful young girl. You have the most amazing heart and you give all of us so much love. We can't believe you are already 8 years old and in second grade. You give the best hugs and you are too smart for your own good. We love you SO MUCH!! Daddie made this sweet card.

No comments: