Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Presley!

Our sweet baby girl is one year old today! I can't believe a year has passed! Presley has grown and changed so much over the year. It is so hard not to get emotional.

I will start with her 12 month checkup and stats. We actually went to the doctor last week, so it was a little early, but she was great!

Waiting in the waiting room with Mommy's wallet.

Presley on the scale (the only time she sat still). She weighed 19 pounds, 1.5 ounces (20%), she is 29 inches long (50%), and she is still in the 75% for her head. Her weight percentile was still down, but the dr is not concerned because of her HIGH activity level.

Presley found a stool to push around while we were waiting for Dr. Lin.



After she was done pushing the stool around, she pushed the stroller around. (Are you noticing the HIGH activity level??) She never stops!

I only had a couple of questions for the doctor. I have been introducing Presley to milk, so I asked for some tips on that. She is COMPLETELY weaned from nursing and I am so proud of her. It didn't phase her one bit! I also asked about the vitamins. They smell so awful and you can't hide the iron taste in anything! Dr. Lin ended up having her iron checked again and she passed with flying colors, so no more vitamins, yeah!! We also got the go ahead to put her in a big girl car seat, so we are asking for one for her birthday. We still have to keep her facing backward for another year.

Dr. Lin was happy with all of her progress. Unfortunately she had to get pricked 4 times. She got two vaccines, the flu shot and then the prick for the iron test. She is such a trooper! When Dr. Lin came back in to give us the iron results, she gave her a big hug. It was the sweetest thing. Dr. Lin didn't want to give her up!

Now for my monthly update! She is moving right along. As you can see, she is walking all over the place. The only time she crawls is if she is trying to get somewhere fast and she starts running and falls, she crawls the rest of the way. She loves to walk! She also loves to climb. It is dangerous, but she loves the adventure. I take her outside to play on the playground while Kiley is in therapy and Presley climbs up to the top of the slide all by herself and then I help her slide down. She loves walking around the playground, exploring different things to play on.

She is talking a lot now, still mostly babble. She is still saying "Bud Bud" and "Ball". She also says "Da" for daddie. She claps when we cheer for her and she loves waving hi and bye and she says "hi" in the sweetest little voice. She can almost say "uh-oh", it is more like "oh-oh".

Her personality gets bigger every day. She still is always smiling, but she is getting more passionate and will let out a cry when we take something away from her or she doesn't get what she wants. She also looks up at us with those big blue eyes. It is going to be sooo hard to say no to her. She eats pretty much anything and everything and a lot of it. We have been practicing singing happy birthday to her and she smiles real big and rocks her heard back and forth.

I finally got out Kiley's old clothes, so she is wearing 9-12 month clothes now. 12 months fits her perfect! She is still in size 3 huggies diapers and a size 2 shoe is pretty snug, so we are asking for the next size up for her birthday. She needs good walking shoes! As of Presley's first birthday, she has 6 teeth. I took her to the dentist yesterday and he said they look great! When our schedule permits, she still naps twice a day for about an hour or so and is still sleeping 12 hours at night. We put her down around 730pm, and she goes full speed until she lays down in that bed!

I guess I will wrap things up now by getting a little sappy. I seriously can't believe a year has passed. I have already relived my 4 days of labor, driving into the hospital twice and then waking up from a short nap after my epidural to her ready to come out and meet us. The year has been absolutely amazing as Presley's Mommy. I have learned so much from her. It has been amazing to watch her grow and develop so much in such a short amount of time. I am so lucky to have gotten such an amazing, happy, healthy, easy baby. I never knew a baby could smile so much. That smile is so big and so contagious, it makes me smile every day.

She helps me with Kiley already. Since the first day she started feeding herself, she has been feeding herself for every meal because she knows I need to feed Kiley. She is also walking on her own so quickly because she knows it is hard for me to carry two of them. She has been such a positive influence on Kiley and her development. Kiley has learned so much from her and will continue to do so.

Presley is such a wonderful gift from God and we could not be more thankful.

No comments: