Friday, September 23, 2011

Presley's 1st Birthday Party!

On Saturday, September 17th, we had Presley's 1st birthday party. We had about 47 adults and 15 kids. A lot more kids than Kiley's 1st birthday party ! I planned and crafted for months and I was so happy how everything turned out. I made the invitations, sign in sheet, banners, cupcake toppers, favor bags, food labels, and paper flowers. We had an Owl theme which is also the theme of Presley's room. I pretty much made everything you see and I had so much fun doing it.

I am starting a small business, called The Little Things by Lacey, on the side making all of these things, so this is my big debut. If you are ever hosting a shower or party and want some homemade personal touches, I am your gal! I can also do other things like diaper cakes and scrapbook related stuff. I am working on a website and logo, so more to come with that, but for now, you know where I live :-).

Since I love all The Little Things, there are A LOT of pictures!

The Family ready to party! Note the slide show in the background.

Mommy & Presley

The Birthday Girl!

The outfit didn't slow her down one bit!

Bloomers!

Kiley & Daddie. Kiley had a party shirt too!

A sweet closeup!

They had matching hair bows with their initial!

The sign in table.

A closeup of the sign in sheet.

I made a banner for the fireplace to go above the presents. Notice the paper flowers above the banner.

A closeup.

Happy Birthday Banner!

Marmee did the flower arrangements and they were gorgeous! We decided to use pumpkins in our decorations since Fall was so close!


Pumpkins on the front porch!


I put ribbon on the coozies so people could write their names on them!

On the menu, for beverages, we had Pretty Pink Lemonade and an Adult's Only Arnold Palmer.

We had bottled water.

And Hoot Beer.


We had a great dinner! We did a GREEN theme where we had cafeteria trays and we put all of the food in biodegradable containers. Also, all of the cups, tops, straws and silverware were also biodegradable. Everyone grabbed a tray and silverware and put the food on their tray. It was very convenient and environmentally friendly!

Mikey smoked two 20 pound briskets and we made brisket sliders. I made home made macaroni and cheese, Grammy made deviled eggs and baked beans and Marmee made cole slaw and fruit skewers. Everything was delicious!

The trays and silverware.

I wrapped the silverware in pretty pink napkins and tied them with owl ribbon!

Daddie's Brisket Sliders

Mommy's Macaroni & Cheese label and table decorations

Grammy's Deviled Eggs

Marmee's Cole Slaw

Super Cute Fruit Skewers. They were supposed to be more colorful, but there was a recall on cantelope, so we just went with watermelon and pineapple!

Another fun thing we did was that we made a tray of Presley's favorite finger foods. We have been attending quite a few birthday parties and it is so hard to get our own food, the girl's food and cut it all up. So we did the work for the parents. They just scooped the kids food onto their tray!

Presley's Favorite Finger foods included, mixed fruit, flower shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cheerios, teddy grahams and goldfish!

We had cupcakes for dessert!

They turned out so cute, we had to get multiple pictures of them!

A closeup of my toppers!

I hung Presley's monthly onesie picture over the cupcakes.

We put the plates and forks under the cupcakes which were also both biodegradable.

Presley's adorable smash cake!

I was so happy with how it turned out!

Presley's birthday bib!

Her smash cake attire.

Presley waiting for her cake and wondering why all of the people are looking at her.

Yah! Happy Birthday to Presley!

First Taste! I was suprised she didn't dig into it more. She had more fun taking all of the stuff off of the owl, like the eyes and the bow.

Giving Mommy a taste. The flavor was banana pudding!

Show Daddie.

That a girl!

She worked on it for quite a while!

One of the favors for the kids, was giant bubbles. The little tags said "We hope you had a hoot!".

The favors on the table.

We also gave each child a tube with their name on it. They had to get it out of the pool before they left!

A closeup!

We didn't open presents until after everyone left. Presley was absolutely exhausted, so she didn't last very long.

We had so much fun planning Presley's party and even more fun during! Thank you to everyone who helped make Presley's birthday celebration extra special!

No comments: