Earlier in the week, he told me that he had a meeting in Valley Ranch on Friday so he was going to take our jewelry to our jeweler in Coppell to get cleaned. I didn't think anything of it because he did the same thing when I was pregnant with Kiley, so that it would be all clean once I could fit into it again!
When he got home, he came into the playroom and gave me a two cards. One was a very sweet birthday card and the other one was a letter to put in my 30th birthday scrapbook. It was so sweet. He put so much thought into it and I was so excited! He hadn't looked through my scrapbook yet, so he agreed to do it for my birthday so we could put his letter in. He told me to come into the kitchen where the light was better and we could sit at the table and look at it together. I was soooo excited that he wanted to look at my scrapbook with me!!
So I went into the kitchen and my ring box was sitting on the table next to my watch and earrings that he also got cleaned. I open it up real quick to see how pretty and clean it is and there was a surprise!! Mikey gave me the 3rd band to go with my setting!! I have always wanted it so I could solder my wedding band to my engagement ring and still have the option to just wear a band. Isn't it sooo pretty!!

I was so shocked. I always ask for it, but didn't expect it for another couple years, like maybe on our 5 year anniversary at the soonest, but it is such a special 30th birthday gift! Now I just need to get this baby out so I can wear my new ring!!
We watched a movie and had a low key family celebration with Kiley the rest of the evening and it was very special and got me excited about my birthday!
On Saturday morning I woke up at about 5am with contractions. I wasn't sure if it was just cramping from laying on my side too long, so I got up and changed positions and sure enough they were contractions! They weren't very intense, so I just got up and started doing things around the house. I made Kiley's breakfast, cleaned the kitchen and started packing our bag. Mikey got up about 6am knowing something was up and got to work too. I monitored them for a couple of hours and they were ranging from 5-10 minutes apart and lasting about 30 seconds. They definitely hurt worse than Braxton Hicks, but they were tolerable. I finally called the doctor around 9am. She told me to take my time, but head into the hospital in the next hour or so. We arrived around 11am and they started monitoring my contractions and Presley's heartbeat. They checked my cervix and I was still only dilated to a 2. So they told me to go walk around for an hour and come back for another exam. We adventured through the hospital and came back. I got set back up on the monitor and the contractions were intensifying a little bit, but still tolerable and they were every 5 minutes. After my second exam, I was still at a 2. My contractions weren't intense enough to get my body going. I could either stay and induce or go home and wait it out. We decided to go home and wait it out.

Needless to say, we did not have a 9/11 baby, she was not born on my birthday, and I am still home! My contractions finally tapered off Saturday evening. I had contractions for 12 hours and no baby! I guess this is what false labor is. I don't recommend it. The good news is that we have our bag packed and the car seat installed and everything ready for Presley!
So Sunday morning, there was still no Presley, so we began my birthday celebration. I was absolutely exhausted from Saturday, but knew that God and Presley had a plan and it was to let Mommy celebrate my 30th. Mom, Dad, and Mycah came up around 11am and made french toast and bacon for brunch. It was delicious!

Mom cooked all day and stocked up our freezer for when Presley comes! Thanks Mom! The Bairds came over around 1pm. We watched football, swam and snacked on some delicious chips and dips. Kiley and Daddie playing and watching football!

I requested Mexican for my birthday dinner....of course! Mom made tacos and chicken enchiladas! They were delicious!

After dinner, we made our way into the living room for presents and the cowboy game!

I really made out for my 30th birthday. I got some great things for our St. Thomas trip, some money for my spa day, and some more things for my kitchen!

It was a fun and special celebration, despite my "condition". I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family and I had a blast celebrating. I am officially 30 years old and I love my life =). Thanks family!!

No comments:
Post a Comment