We are only half way through January and we already have a lot to talk about. You probably didn't notice, but I didn't blog about a certain party that I/we have attended over the last 11 years. Actually, I think we missed it last year because we had the flu but that is beside the point. We have celebrated "Texmas" over the last 11 years. It started out with some friends from work all celebrating together. Then it turned into friends and significant others, then spouses and then kids! 5 couples and 10 kids later it started to get a little chaotic, so we decided to try something new this year. Instead of exchanging gifts, we rented a private room at III Forks and had a nice adult dinner. The food and company were delicious and we still ended the night playing games.
We had gotten Grammy and Grampy YETI cups for their birthdays but they had gotten so expensive so we gave them an IOU until the prices went back down. They came in right before they left for Florida!
I am not sure when or where this picture came about. It was on Mikey's phone and definitely blog worthy.
The kids have been having fun on their scooters!
All of the neighborhood kids got hover boards for Christmas and of course Mikey had to try one out.
We sent this picture to Marmee of the girls in one of their new outfits she gave them for Christmas.
Bentley is close to turning 3 which means he can start extra curricular activities. I took him to have a swim evaluation to see if he qualified for the class without Mommy getting in the pool and thank goodness he did!
He is more intimidated than Presley was, but once they started playing he had fun.
Bentley also gets to start soccer! He is doing a program called Soccer Shots. It is after school on Thursdays and teaches the fundamentals of soccer to kids. We don't have to buy any uniforms or equipment or go to games yet, so it is a nice introduction. Bentley's first soccer practice is in the books. I think he may have some of his Daddie's skills.
This girl is too much. She had her sunglasses on and her baby in her arms (not pictured) yelling from the sidelines telling Bentley not to use his hands. It was too cute.
Speaking of firsts, I found a dance studio that offers a dance class for kids with special needs. Kiley absolutely loves to dance and this is such a blessing. She truly feels the music. We hope after a couple of classes she will warm up and show her true skills!
Once again, little miss thang, peaking around the corner keeping an eye on her sister.
Presley had an "S" parade at school where the kids brought anything that started with an S and they walked through the school. Presley brought sunglasses. Not sure why she didn't have them on for the picture.
Her teacher sent me this picture too.
Now she wears her sunglasses every day!
Mom also helped me update all of my pictures in my frames in the living room. Is it weird that I dressed the kids for their school pictures to match the decor in my living room?
Soccer sideline selfie!
This time I tried to get baby in the picture. When we were leaving practice the coach said, "It looks like Bentley has two Mommy's". That is correct.
I still get the biggest kick out of the whole "boy potty thing". He has some skills...
First Day of 7th & 9th Grade
1 day ago

1 comment:
Ok, lots to comment on with this blog. First off, you look beautiful in that first picture! Second, how exciting that Bentley is old enough to do stuff. I am excited to see what Sophie wants to do when she is old enough. Did you like Emler? I figured he was old enough to swim without you since Sophie is. And I'm so glad he likes Soccer Shots. It's just convenient. And finally, I think that is awesome that Kiley has a dance class. How special for her!
Post a Comment