Aside from our trips, we spent the rest of the summer going on play dates, swimming with friends, going to the gym and just staying home and having fun!
I found this picture on Mikey's phone. It was at the beginning of the summer at our neighbor/nanny's graduation party.
Right when we got back from New York, Mikey left for a work trip. He goes every year, but this year was a big deal because Mikey was asked to speak.
The guys that started Life is Good spoke at the conference too!
Mikey took this picture of the conference room before he spoke.
The 3 of them up on stage speaking.
Love this closeup of him on the big screen.
Michael, Mikey, Justin and Nikki. Nikki introduced them!
So official! They did two different sessions.
Mikey also got some golf in on his "business trip". He worked hard and did a great job speaking so he deserved it! We were so proud of him!
One night that Mikey was gone, the girls and I sat in my room and snuggled after Bentley went to bed.
After both being out of town so much this summer, we had our neighbors, The Henry's, over to catch up!
We also had our friends, The DeLuca's, over to swim and eat one Saturday.
Climbing in heels.
Play date Lunch!
Presley wearing Marmee's tennis shoes.
The girls went to a Doc McStuffins birthday party down the street.
The kids were all sitting together quietly having breakfast one morning and I had to get a picture.
I hosted book club one Sunday!
Daddie blew up a some boats and a big boat house for the pool this summer. The kids loved riding in the boats.
Kiley also had therapy all summer. Her physical therapist would let Presley come help with therapy. One day I looked over and Presley was doing "therapy" with Kiley. She had her balancing on the ball. It was so cute and may be a future profession.
One of the summer playdates we do is with 5 of Mikey's coworkers' wives and all of the kids. We each take turns hosting one. This was one that all of us could make. Bentley is extremely outnumbered by girls and there is another girl on the way!
We have had such a mild summer. I took this picture of our pool app one evening. The pool was actually warmer than the air which is very unusual!!
The girls loved getting Bentley up in the mornings. They would climb into his bed and wake him up.
And Presley has started changing Bentley's wet diapers!
We went to dinner at Kiley's friend, Will's house. Will was in Kiley's class last year and will be in her class again this year. I have become friend's with Will's Mom and we thought it would be fun to have our husband's meet. The kids played with Will and his sister Paige.
These are our friends at the gym. Jesse, London, Keeghan and Kylie. When we pick them up from child care all at the same time, it is quite a process to get them all out of the gym. That day, they stopped for a snack and Lacie got suckered into buying them all a snack. Thanks Ms. Lacie!
I went out to Restaurant Week with the girls. I think this is our 12th year to go!
Daddie sent me this pic to let me know they were all alive and happy.
The weekend that we got back from Missouri, Kiley got to go stay the weekend with Marmee and Guy. We knew Presley would want to go, so Daddie took her to get a mani pedi while Kiley left. On Saturday, I took Presley shopping for new dance clothes and shoes! She had a fun weekend with us and Bentley.
Kiley at Marmee and Guy's, watching Heidi!
It rained all day Sunday, so Kiley got to ride her tricyle around the house all day!
One day, I caught the girls snuggling....
The next weekend, Presley got to go spend the weekend at Marmee and Guy's house! On Saturday, they got to go up to Guy's school and get his classroom ready!
And she helped Guy make dinner....
That Sunday, I only had Kiley and Bentley, but Bentley still managed to make it a challenge to leave the house. First, he pulled the drawer out and decided that he and LaLa needed to get into it.
And then, I had to get him out of my bathroom sink at least 5 times. I finally brought my phone to take a picture the 5th time around. Apparently this is how 18 month old boys need to brush their teeth.
When Presley helps Daddie get ready for work in the morning, he lets her put some of his shaving cream on. She does a pretty good job!
I took this picture of Kiley sleeping one night. She was obviously exhausted.
And that concludes the Summer of 2014. I was so overwhelmed in May about having all 3 kids all day every day with no break but we survived. We kept busy!!
First Day of 7th & 9th Grade
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment