Thursday, July 19, 2012

Back in the hospital - Day 4

9:31pm Kiley and I are in bed for what we hope is our last sleepover here in the hospital. I love all my time with Kiley but we will both be more comfortable at home! Kiley still doesn't have her appetite back. She did eat her yogurt and applesauce and took a couple of sips of water. Hopefully if we can go home and have a change of environment, she will get her appetite back. Kiley and I colored for a little bit and then Marmee came. While Marmee was here with Kiley, I went upstairs to visit some friends who just had a sweet little baby boy named Cash. Congrats to Jae and John! When I came back Kiley was asleep in Marmee's arms.

Kiley woke back up, so we got some warm jammies on her.

She started getting a little comfy on Mommy's bed.

She thinks if she lays there and looks cute, I won't put her in her crib.

The nurse finally came in around 8:30 to give Kiley her meds. As of now, the only orders for the morning is her echo at 8am. Hopefully we can decline all vitals and meds and get a good night sleep.
I just got off the phone with Daddie and he and Presley had a fun date night. They went to gymnastics and then to the pool and then had dinner. Very productive night :-).

5:55pm
I made it back to the hospital. Kiley had just woken up from her nap and was making her rounds on the floor. Grampy said she slept almost 2 hours. Kiley ate another grabber and then we played a little. I brought her back to the room and she ate some crackers and had maybe a sip of water and she started to perk up. Not 5 minutes later, her cardiologist came by. He listened to her heart and said it sounded good. He said they will do the echo first thing in the morning and if it looks good we should be able to go home by lunchtime! Lots of prayers that no more fluid has built up! We went to see the "bead lady" to catch up on all of her beads of courage that she has earned. We will add them to her necklace and take a picture! Kiley does not want to sit in this room any more. She keeps going out and hanging out at the nurses station. She goes room to room and is making a lot of friends. I tried to distract her by coloring.

Marmee is on her way here to spend some time with us before bedtime. Kiley's dinner just arrived. I ordered quite a variety so we will see IF she eats anything...

2:44pm
Unfortunately, I did not have much luck at breakfast. Kiley still will not drink anything and she only ate part of a yogurt. Mikey came by the hospital in between his appointments around 9:45am and sent me home. I think he could sense my exhaustion. Kiley was up and about driving her car, but still not herself. The xray technician showed up right as I was leaving, so Mikey took her down. Before I even got home, Mikey sent a picture of Kiley doing music and tea in the playroom.

Grampy came up around 11am and he has been tag teaming with Daddie throughout the day. Grampy brought some gerber grabbers and appleasauces and Kiley sucked them right down, but still wouldn't eat lunch. Here is Kiley and Grampy doing arts and crafts.

I will get more of the scoop when I get back to the hospital and post shortly. Hopefully Kiley is napping!
I just wanted to add one more thing. Presley just woke up from her nap and came into the office. She saw the picture above and she said "Hi Kiley" and waved. So sweet...
8:15am
We had an ok night. We were up about every two hours from midnight until 6am. Once for monitors, once for a poopy diaper and once because Kiley was cold. She really is sleeping pretty well in her crib given her IV and cords. It is mostly out of exhaustion I am sure. They came in for the blood draw around 6:20am. After poking her twice, they couldn't get even one whole vile of blood. So, sure enough around 7:25am, they came back in to poke her again. Mommy was not happy. I let Kiley lay with me after the trauma. She is acting like such a big girl and just lays right by me. So sweet. Right now, we are up and dressed and waiting on breakfast and the xray technician. I am sure they will get here at the same time. When I went to change Kiley's diaper this morning, it was completely dry. Please say a quick prayer that she will eat and drink a good breakfast. If she doesn't have a wet diaper soon, they will put her back on an IV.

No comments: