Monday, December 13, 2010

I Love You Grandpa.

On Tuesday, November 23, 2010, my Grandpa passed away. He lived a very fulfilled life, but we will miss him very much.

He was a very handsome little boy.

He fought in the Korean War, attended Harvard, married an amazing woman, had 5 children, 10 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren. There was never a dull moment around Grandpa. He had the LOUDEST sneezes and he ALWAYS had something witty to say...sometimes inappropriate, but always funny!

I spent every summer up in New York with Grandma and Grandpa.

They came to visit us in Texas every Thanksgiving!

They came to see me graduate from high school.

The last time Grandpa was in Texas was for my wedding. I was so thankful to have him there. He and Grandma were married almost 60 years!

Grandpa, I have so many great memories with you and I will miss you very much. You will be in my heart forever and we will take good care of Grandma just like she took care of you.

Gordon Wayne Mehlenbacher: June 30, 1928 - November 23, 2010.

No comments: