Unfortunately my first blog of the year has started out disastrous. My ability to multi task has back fired. I am so sad. I was copying our New Year's Eve pictures from our camera to the computer and trying to calm Kiley down at the same time. When I came back to the computer, I deleted the pictures from the camera like I always do after I download them. As soon as I deleted them, I turned back to the folder I was downloading them to and it wasn't finished. We had a few videos of Kiley that took much longer to download than normal. I lost half of our pictures. I am so upset at myself. I definitely learned a valuable lesson from this. I will post some of the pictures that we still have. So sorry Mikey, Kiley, Gretchen and Ben. At least we have the memories.
Since Kiley is so young, we decided to stay home and have a low key New Year's Eve with her. Our friends Gretchen and Ben were also looking for a low key night, so they came up to spend the night with us. We decided to start the tradition of Fondue on New Year's Eve. We made all 3 courses: cheese, steak and chocolate. They were all delicious.
To make things more exciting, Mikey decided that we should have a theme for the night. We decided on a Cinderella theme. Gretchen, Kiley and I all dressed up as Princesses and Ben and Mikey as Princes. Gretchen and I actually wore the bridesmaids dresses from my wedding (I wore Mycah's). Kiley wore her Juicy Couture dress that we brought her home from the hospital in. We were all pretty in pink.
The guys dressed up in bow ties with a few special touches that made their outfits fun. We all wore house shoes with our attire. We had so much fun with each other. Dinner was great, we spread it out throughout the evening. We ate the cheese fondue around 730, the main course around 930 and then the chocolate after midnight.
We counted down at 11pm with the Time Square celebration and then at midnight with the Victory Park Celebration. The Victory Park celebration sure is getting big. There were so many people there. I thought it was neat that Ryan Seacrest showed Victory Park on his Time Square Party!! We were party animals and didn't go to bed until almost 3am!On New Year's Day, Mom, Dad and Mycah came up for New Year's Dinner. Mom cooked our traditional good luck dinner: Pork Roast & Sauerkraut, Mashed Potatoes, Black Eyed Peas (made from scratch by Dad), Squash and Rolls. It was delicious!!
We wish you all a very healthy and happy 2009 from our family to yours!! We hope you enjoy reading about our 2009 adventures on our blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment