Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Diverse Abilities Day!

This year, my position on the PTA board is the SAGE position. It stands for Special and Gifted Education. One of my responsibilities is to promote the sale of the district's SAGE Inclusion shirts. We won 2nd in the entire district!



I am also in charge of coordinating Diverse Abilities Day/Week. The Counselor and I work together to choose the different stations for the kids to learn about on Diverse Abilities Day. This is the flyer we put together.



I was also in charge of decorations outside the library to promote Diverse Abilities Week. I had to call in some favors to get a bunch of hands decorated but I pulled it off. Thanks to Presley's Volleyball Team and Moms. The Special Ed classes also decorated them! It turned out really cute.



I hung these above the water fountains to remind everyone to wear their Inclusion shirts.



The kids go to the different stations during their specials time. I coordinate volunteers to walk the classes from station to station. The specials teachers teach the different stations. This year we had Autism, Dyslexia, Learning Disabilities, and Disability Awareness and Etiquette. The purpose of these stations are to educate the kids on these different subjects to become more aware of people with disabilities. Since we won 2nd place selling tshirts, the district brought in a dessert tray for the teachers and staff. The event went really well!



I wanted to get a picture of the 4 of us in our shirts.

No comments: