Presley had her 4 Year Checkup and everything went great! She weighs 33.8 pounds (41%), and is 40 inches tall (58%). Her BMI is 15 (34%). I have always heard that however tall a child is on their 2 year checkup, you can double it and that is how tall they will be. I just looked back on the blog at Presley's 2 year checkup and she was 34 inches tall which would put her at 5'8''. Wow, if that is true, she must have gotten Grampy's height!!
The nurse checked her blood pressure and her ears and eyes and she passed with flying colors!
The doctor came in and asked her questions about her eating habits. The only time she embarassed me was when the doctor asked if she likes vegetables and she named a few like corn, green beans and carrots. Presley LOVES carrots (raw and cooked) and even most vegetables, but her reply was "I had popcorn last night". The doctor also had her do all of her colors and draw some shapes and write some letters. She seemed to do everything she needed to do at age 4. We will be working on writing our letters and rhyming this year!
So this was the dreaded 4 year checkup where she gets 4 shots. I debated on telling her in advance, but decided against it because I didn't want her to worry about it. She didn't ask until we were there, so that is when I told her and she took it very well and was so brave. I was so incredibly proud of her!! She got a sucker and then when we got done, I took her to the store to pick out a new toy for being so brave!
We officially have a healthy 4 year old in the house!! We love you and are so proud of you Ms. Presley Marie Baird!!
Life Lately - September
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment