I can't remember the last time I wrote a post for my birthday. Especially since Presley was born and we celebrate together. This birthday, however, is well worth posting about! A couple of weeks before my birthday, Mikey asked me if I wanted to have a kid free day for my birthday and of course I did!! I had the impression that we would hang around the house and relax and then maybe go to a nice dinner. One day, I was having a very rough day with the kids and Mikey told me that once the kids go back to school, I should go pick out a birthday outfit. That was about all that was said up until a couple of days before the day we were going to celebrate.
A couple of days before we were going to celebrate, we were sitting in the hot tub talking and I asked what time dinner was going to be. He said 8pm. I said that was pretty late and the kids would need to be home before then. That is when he told me the kids were not coming home. What?!?!?! I tried to get more information out of him, but he wouldn't budge. The next day I was looking at my planner and went to write in "kid-free day", and as I did, I noticed that the A&M game was at 8pm. I figured it out. That is where we were going!! I called him right away and he wouldn't confirm or deny. The only thing that didn't make sense was my cute birthday outfit. I wouldn't wear that to a game!
Anyway, my actual birthday was on Friday. Our rule is that we celebrate 3 days before and 3 days after. on Wednesday, Mikey brought home 2 dozen roses!
The night before, I went to dinner with my girlfriends and told them about the mystery date. They thought maybe I was heading to College Station too. My friend, Courtney, posted this picture on Instagram with a super sweet message that made me feel special!! Always love to have dinner with the girls!
Mikey sent these two pictures to me while I was at dinner. Thanks honey, for taking care of the kiddos!
A shirtless selfie!
The morning of my birthday, I had a super fun workout. There was a part of the workout where we had to hold a handstand while our partner did 20 switch lunges. We decided to take a post workout birthday handstand photo!
After we left the gym, we met Marmee for my birthday lunch. We ate some delicious salads and opened up some gifts. I tried to get my surprise out of Mom, but she played dumb too. I told her I didn't know what I should wear, so she told me to send her some pictures of outfits, so I did. I have never taken so many selfies! Normally, I wouldn't post these, but you will see why later I did in the post.
After looking at them, Mom told me to wear what I feel comfortable in and that is all I got. No help at all. I also sent them to Mikey which he told me we would talk about it later. So less than 24 hours until my mystery date and no idea what to wear.
On Saturday morning, we woke up and made breakfast. After the kids were fed, we packed up and took them to Grammy & Grampy's house. By 11am, we were home and kid free. Mikey had some chores to do around the pool and I wanted to pick up the upstairs without the kids being around. We turned on music and got to work. Mikey said we needed to leave the house by 3pm. So I got in the shower around 2pm, still having no idea what we were doing. He said there were 3 phases to the day. The first one was being home kid free. And the second one was going to be outside. As I got in the shower, my mind was racing wondering what we were going to do outside. I had ruled out the A&M game and was thinking maybe we were going to Grape Fest in Grapevine. I could tell he was trying to kill time with this "phase 2". While in the shower, I was also thinking about how hard he was working outside and it donned on me that it could be a surprise party!! I immediately could not take a smile off of my face. It was pretty cool out, so I ended up putting on jeans and boots. I kept looking at the clock and Mikey still hadn't come in to get ready. He came in right before 3pm. He jumped in the shower and got ready in about 10 minutes. He said since he didn't have time to shave or anything that we would just come back home to get ready before phase 3 and he would tell me what to wear. I immediately ruled out the surprise party since we would be coming back home. At this point, I thought maybe we were going to Grape Fest, then we would come home and get dressed up. Then we would go to a nice dinner and maybe some people would meet us there and then he was going to invite everyone back to the house to hang out. I finally figured it out!!
So he had me back his car out of the driveway, so he could put the truck in the garage and he met me out front. As we left the house, he told me he would now give me a hint about phase 2. He said that we are going to do something I have never done before. I immediately got nervous. He is such a thrill seeker and I am not. I thought for sure he was taking me to the new skydiving place. I watched every little move as we drove. Thank goodness he went the opposite direction. No skydiving. So about 15 minutes later, we pull up at a house. He said we were at our friend, Gabe's house. As we walked up, he told me that I was going for a ride in Gabe's Laborghini and then going out on his Yacht! OMG. What a great surprise! We had a great, relaxing afternoon out on the lake.
Mikey had told Gabe that we needed to be back to the dock by 6pm. We said our goodbyes and headed back home to get ready. We had a couple of beers on the yacht, so I was hungry and needed to go to the bathroom and was still wondering which outfit I should put on. I narrowed it down to two. As we pulled into the neighborhood, Mikey told me he was going to give me a clue to the last phase. He told me to get my phone out and look up Dallas Safari Club. What?!?!? We got home and I jumped out of the car to run to the bathroom and as soon as I opened the door, I heard voices and then a big Surprise. OMG. I had no idea what to do or say and couldn't believe all of the beautiful faces that were standing in my home to celebrate my birthday with me!! Mikey pulled off a surprise. That is the first surprise he has kept since our engagement!
After the initial shock, I said hi to everyone and gained my composure. I grabbed a glass of wine and had a terrific night with everyone. We didn't take too many pictures. These are some I got from Facebook and Instagram.
It was an amazing night and I will cherish it forever. The only regret that I had was not changing into my cute birthday outfit once we got home. That is why I posted the pictures so everyone could see the outfits. Lol. Thank you honey for an amazing birthday celebration. You pulled it off and I couldn't have felt more loved than I did that night. Thanks to Gretchen for coordinating and Lisa and Gretchen for setting everything up. Thanks to the Bairds for taking care of the kids and to all of my friends for keeping the secret and coming to celebrate!!
First Day of 7th & 9th Grade
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment