Bentley is 8 months old and on the move! He is crawling all over the place and trying to figure out how to climb!
He is in 9 to 12 month clothes and still wearing size 3 diapers. We actually put shoes on him the other day and he is in a size 2 shoe. He is taking two naps and sleeping 11 to 12 hours at night. This is what I see every morning and after naps.
He is pulling up on his toys and on the furniture and is just barely starting to cruise. He is so active and always moving. Now that he is crawling all over the house, his favorite things are getting into the dog food, plugs, nightlights and cords and he remembers where they all are every time he is loose!
B is still nursing 4 times a day, but boy does he love his big boy food. He would eat all day long if I let him. He loves any of the fruits and veggies that we give him, but now he has recently discovered snacks. He loves the baby puffs and cheerios. He always wants what his sister's have so I break up whatever they are eating so he can taste it. I have kind of stopped pureeing his food and am now steaming and cutting it up into pieces for him to feed himself! This was the first time I let him feed himself sweet potatoes!

I can't believe Bentley is already 8 months old. It is going by so fast and I am trying to savor every second! I love my one-on-one time nursing him. He is such a Mommy's boy and he is starting to show some signs of separation anxiety. He now cries when I put him down to sleep to see if I will come back. When he doesn't see me, he screams for my attention. Screaming seems to be his way of communication at the moment. If we take something away from him, he screams, if we wipe his nose, he screams, if he is eating and wants more, he screams, if his sisters touch him, he screams, or if he is just not getting his way, he screams. He knows that it gets our attention. It is a little high pitched for my taste, but hopefully he will start to communicate in other ways very soon. We are working on the "more" sign at the dinner table. We are also working on some sounds. I hear Mamamama when he cries sometimes but it is more just spitting and screaming right now. Until next month.....
No comments:
Post a Comment