Mikey booked a trip to Key West. We went down Tuesday morning on a boat and spent Tuesday and all day Wednesday in Key West and then came back on Wednesday evening. We had such a great time. It was the perfect amount of time to spend in Key West.
We took a picture before getting on the big boat.

Mikey took this picture from the boat of the sunrise. Let our vacation begin!

Right when we got off the boat, we saw our first rooster. I had totally forgotten about the sacred roosters in Key West!

The boat ride was about 3 hours. We got in around 11am, so we stopped for lunch on the way to our Bed and Breakfast.

This place was so fun. It was all outdoors.

The food was delicious! They sat us at the honeymoon table!

After lunch we went and checked in. Mikey did such a great job on the B&B.

It is called The Tropical Inn.

It is on Deval Street where all of the action is, but it is like a little tropical oasis. Our room was recently remodeled and just perfect for us!

It had a huge walk in shower.

So many fun details. Look in the sink.

Once we settled in, we went out to the pool to read and relax before our night out. The pool area was so tropical and so relaxing!

After we laid by the pool for a little while, we went next door to do a wine tasting and then had a glass of wine on the porch. After our glass of wine, we went back to the room to shower and get ready to head down to the pier for the big sunset party. On the way down, we stopped in at Margaritaville for a snack and a margarita. I hadn't been in 10 years, but remembered how amazing the margaritas are and I wasn't disappointed. They were just as good as I remembered!!

After our delicious margarita and cheeseburger in paradise, we made our way down to the big sunset party. There is so much going on. We watched a lot of the shows and then found a place to watch the sun go down. It was beautiful as always.

So after the sun went down, we decided to head back up Deval street and see where the night takes us. We ended up in a piano bar. I love piano bars, but do not like to be embarrased. Mikey was taking a picture of me by the piano player. I was trying not to get too close so they wouldn't notice and OF COURSE they noticed. And OF COURSE they called me out. Ugh, I was so embarrassed. Thanks babe.

We had a blast singing along but were pretty tired from waking up so early, so we headed back to the B&B. We did stop for some pizza on the way home and it was delicious! The next morning, we slept in and then had breakfast and coffee out by the pool. So much fun! After brainstorming what we wanted to do, we decided to rent bikes for the day and we were so glad we did!

We saw so much of the island!!

The Southern Most Point of the United States!

We went to a butterfly conservatory.

I loved this butterfly bench! Hey honey, maybe we can get one of these for our front yard?!?!?

I won't bore you with a bunch of butterfly pictures. Just one, this is my favorite butterfly!

This is a picture of the front of our B&B. We would totally recommend it!

We ate lunch at Sloppy Joe's. It has live music and was a blast.

So one thing that I learned about Key West 10 years ago, was that you definitely don't go for the beaches . Mikey and I rode our bikes all over the island all day and actually found a beach. A very small beach.

After our bike riding, we did some souvenir shopping before we had to head back to the boat. Ok, I shopped and Mikey sat at Fat Tuesday and drank daquiri's. I did drag Mikey to one place. We stopped at Bath Junkie and made some exfoliant as a souvenir for our anniversary trip!

We got back on the boat to head back to Naples and enjoy our last 3 hours of peace and quiet. As we got close, we went out to watch the sunset and I have to say, it was one of my favorites. It was so neat watching it from the water. Yes, here it comes, more sunset pictures....




We had such an amazing anniversary trip. Thank you so much honey for planning or should I say booking the trip. It was so much fun to spend a spontaneous two days with you! After 8 years together and 5 years of marriage, I think I am catching onto this spontanaety thing pretty well. I know that we definitely appreciate our alone time a lot more now with two little ones!
"I spent weeks plannning this spontaneous adventure!" Guess what movie that is from??
Also, thanks to Grammy and Grampy for keeping the girls! I better start planning next year's celebration!!

No comments:
Post a Comment