Monday, May 16, 2011

Presley is Eight Months!

Presley is 8 months old! She has grown and developed so much over the last month!

Her schedule is still the same. She is nursing 4 times per day and napping twice. We have added a 3rd solid feeding at lunch time. She is still eating pureed fruits and veggies. Since her last update, she has tried butternut squash, summer squash, zucchini and mashed potatoes. She has also added finger foods into her diet! She learned to feed herself with the gerber puffs which she loves. She eats cut up bananas and carrots by herself, and she also loves the gerber crunchies and yogurt melts. She loves to eat anything and everything! Presley feeding herself is a huge help to Mommy. This is a whole new ballgame for me. I still feed Kiley breakfast, lunch and dinner. Now I can cut up some stuff for Pres and then feed Kiley instead of feeding both meals to them at the same time. Presley is very impatient in her high chair. She has to be eating while she is sitting there, so the snacks buy me some time to make their meals and then cleanup afterwards. Pres is also eating the YoBaby yogurt.

As for her gross motor skills, she is moving right along. Earlier this month she started sitting up by herself from a laying down position. Then she started scooting around from toy to toy. Now she is actually crawling! She gets up on her hands and knees and actually crawls. Luckily she isn't all over the place yet, but it will be soon I am sure. She definitely gets where she wants to go now!

In addition to saying dadadadada, she is now saying babababababa, along with other babbling in between! She has hit one of many separation anxiety stages. There was a week where she would scream everytime I left the room. Then her screaming would make Kiley cry and it was quite a loud household. The phase affected her sleeping a little, but not significantly and we seem to be on the downside of the phase, thank goodness. I have taken her out of her sleep sak and she now sleeps on her tummy with her hiney up in the air. So cute!

Speaking of crying, she is certainly learning that it can get her somewhere. She is still the easiest, smiliest, most well behaved baby ever, but when she decides she wants something, she yells! She is a smart little thing. She has also started dancing. It is more like rocking, but she gets into it! Her hair is still as crazy as always!

Other big news is that she has cut her first two teeth! I didn't even know she was teething and then felt the first one and then a week or so later she cut the second one. They are so cute...and sharp!

Her and sister are starting to play very well together. Now that Pres is stronger and Kiley can't knock her over as easy, they sit and play and it is the cutest thing. Kiley hands her toys and takes them away of course. They also hold hands in the car and in their stroller and it melts my heart. I can already tell that the older they get, the closer they will get.

We didn't go to the dr this month, so I am not sure of her measurements. We go at 9 months, so I will have them next update! She is in size 3 diapers and wearing 6 months clothes.

I can't wait to see what Pres does in the next month! She is growing so fast!

No comments: