Friday, April 15, 2011

Presley is Seven Months!

Pres is 7 months old! She is growing and changing so much!

We didn't have a checkup this month, so I don't have her measurements. She is still nursing and has tried all kinds of yummy foods. She now eats oatmeal, sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, pears, spinach, plums, bananas and butternut squash (not all in one day of course, but she definitely would if we let her). She loves eating big girl food. She still yells for more the whole way through the meal. I feed her and Kiley together, so I have to take turns. Kiley patiently waits for her turn while Presley yells at me until she gets another bite. Next on the list is summer squash and zucchini. She is doing great with the sippy cup. She still has a little trouble tipping it up, but she does suck on it and gets out what she can. We have also introduced her to biter biscuits. She absolutely loves them and eats the entire thing! They are the messiest things I have ever seen, so now she only gets them if we can go straight to the bath tub afterwards. Speaking of baths, she is taking big girl baths with sister now.

We changed up her schedule. She now nurses 4 times a day (8am, 1230pm, 4pm and 8pm,) eats solids twice a day (830am & 630pm) and naps twice a day (1030am & 230pm). She has been sleeping well thru the night. We did have a few days where she was waking up in the middle of the night. After taking her to the doctor and knowing she wasn't sick, we concluded that she just wasn't comfortable in her pack n play anymore. Knowing now, that Kiley will be in her crib for quite a while longer, Marmee & Guy bought Presley her very own crib! We got her one exactly like sister's except it is white. They both convert into a full size bed, so we will have them for a very long time. We are decorating Presley's room in an owl theme. When it is finished, I will definitely post pictures! She has adjusted great to her new bed!

As for her development, she is a pro at sitting up. Can sit up for hours if Sister doesn't knock her over (which is usually the case). We have been working a lot on tummy time and crawling. She is getting closer! She has also begun to babble. She says dadadadadada, and it is starting to sound like she says gagagagaga. I think she is starting to figure out that crying gets her somewhere. She is still super smiley and always happy, but if she wants something, she knows crying gets it for her. I have to be careful not to cater too much to these demands. This mostly happens if we put her in her bouncer and walk out of the room. I think she is showing early signs of separation anxiety and would prefer to be in the room with us at all times. I try to keep her in her bumbo near whatever I may be doing. This works out pretty well as long as the tray is on and toys are around.

She is also doing very well holding objects in both hands at the same time and even transferring them back and forth. We have noticed that she has a short attention span with toys and likes a variety. Only having Sophie the Giraffe to chew on no longer cuts it. Everything still goes right to her mouth. I haven't seen any signs of teething yet, but we know it is in our future!

Presley is still full of personality and smiles. She loves her sister and they are interacting more and more. When she gets excited she waves her arms up and down. She has started giving hugs. When you pick her up, she wraps her arm around your neck and lays her head on your shoulder. It is so sweet. She has also started making this funny face where she scrunches her face up and breathes through her nose really fast. This is kind of a picture of it. I think it is absolutely adorable.

That's all for now. We will see what new and fun things she does in the next month!

No comments: