On a positive note, there is one blessing that has come out of Kiley coming late. We were able to go to our very dear friends Shannon and Brendan's wedding last night. Since I found out I was pregnant, we have known that Kiley's due date and their wedding date were only 4 days apart and it would be questionable whether we would be able to come. Since Kiley is taking her sweet time, we were able to attend their wedding last night. They had a nice Catholic Ceremony and then their reception was at the Park Cities Hilton. Shannon and I have been counting down to this week together all year. Shannon and Brendan make such a great couple and I know that they will be happy together forever!!
It was so much fun to have one last night out before we check into the hospital and become parents. I was very limited on what I had to wear, but I made it work. There were a little over 150 people that came, so it was a good size wedding. Of course being pregnant and not being able to enjoy the open bar, I look forward to the food and cake. They had some roast beef sandwiches that were pretty good and then they had a pasta bar. I had never seen one before, but it was really good. You picked your noodles and then you chose from chicken and all kinds of veggies to add and then you chose red or white sauce and then they added cheese and heated it all through. It was really good. The bride's cake was a white cake and the groom's cake was carrot cake. I am not a carrot cake fan, but I had two pieces of the white cake, it was very moist and delicious.
Mom and Dad were at the wedding too. Mom hired Shannon at her current job, so Mom had friends from her last company there to mingle with. Mom actually got Dad up dancing. They looked like they had a great time!! Something cute that the DJ did, is during dinner, you could go up and request your wedding song be played. Mikey requested ours, so we did get one dance in. It was fun to dance to our wedding song, but it was a little challenging with a big belly in between us.This morning we woke up and went to Breakfast. We went to a place called Benedict's here in Addison that is pretty well known and very packed. I had eggs benedict for the first time and it was delicious. We never go out to breakfast, so it was a very special morning that we will never forget. This afternoon we are taking the dogs up to Mikey's parents where they will stay while we are in the hospital. Then we are going to a baby shower for our friends Eddie & Ashley who are expecting their second son, Hudson, early next year. After the shower, we will pack the car up and then we are going to dinner at Mycah's. Mom is making tacos!
I'm not sure that I will blog before we check into the hospital tonight, so my next blog could be announcing Kiley's arrival. We check in tonight at 8pm and they are doing one last procedure on my cervix that will last 12 hours. I will wake up and shower and then they will start the induction tomorrow morning. We will try to send as many text and emails with updates as we can. Feel free to call any of our cell phones for updates!! Please keep us in your prayers. Love to all!!

No comments:
Post a Comment