Monday, October 27, 2008

Mikey's Birthday Celebration!!

As most of you know, it is a tradition of ours to celebrate your birthday for one week. The celebration starts 3 days before and ends 3 days after. So Mikey's birthday celebration started on Friday! He got his first present Friday Morning. I bought him two clocks that he wanted. One for the playroom and one for the livingroom. We stayed in for the night, just the two of us, and cooked dinner and watched a movie.

On Saturday morning, Mikey woke up early and headed to Plano. Mikey's parents got him a hot air balloon ride for his birthday, so he and his Dad went together. I would say that I used the pregnancy card to get out of this one, but the truth is, I am just scared!! The thought of being so high up in a little basket is quite scary. I think hot air balloons are so beautiful, but I would rather look than ride. Mikey said it was amazing and he took some great pictures. He said that it was so peaceful and quiet. It was probably the closest thing to floating in there air that you can do. Mikey got all of the preparation and the flight on video, so that I could experience it with him. They flew over 75 (scary) and over neighborhoods. The most adventurous part is the landing, and they had no warning. Basically when you are in the air, you are at the mercy of the wind. The captain doesn't steer or have any kind of path...you just go where the wind takes you. So when your hour is up, the pilot just starts looking for a place to land. They found this little park and down they went. Apparently the only way to land is to slow it down, then the basket hits the ground and tips over and you fall out...not graceful at all! Mikey's balloon actually had it easy, the balloon that was following them hit a tree to slow down (almost tipped the passengers out) and then they hit a light pole during their landing and knocked it down. Very scary! So if a hot air balloon ride is in your future plans, BEWARE OF THE LANDING.

After Mikey came home from his amazing experience, he got to open his next present. I bought him a Dallas Cowboys flag to hang out on the flag pole. We put it up and it looked great! We spent the rest of the day hanging around the house. Watched some football and played on the computer. I am taking up Digital Scrapbooking, so I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out my new software. It is pretty cool! Saturday night, Mycah and Mikey's friend Justin came over to hang out. We had such a fun night. We got in the hot tub and had a fire outside in our fire pit and roasted marshmellows. Then we came in and played Super Mario Brothers. It was definitely a "Mikey" kind of night.

On Sunday morning Mikey got his 3rd present. He needed a new Dallas Cowboys tshirt to wear on Sundays. I kind of took over his when I got pregnant...it had a little more room than mine. I found the perfect one! It is navy blue with the Cowboy Star on the front. I thought it was perfect, and then I looked on the back. It says "Dad" with the number one on it. It was too perfect. So we were all set for the game with our Cowboy shirts and our new flag flying. They had no excuses this week! Mike, Connie, Mom, Dad, Mycah and her boyfriend Cory all came over for the day to celebrate. Mom brought some yummy chips and dips for the games. We routed for the boys, and they barely pulled it out. Connie made dinner and we had a nice sit down dinner at the house. We ate Salad, Prime Rib, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Bean Casserole. It was a nice treat and very delicious. We had a Chocolate Birthday Cake for dessert. It was so much fun to stay in for Mikey's birthday celebration with the family. We got to take our time and eat when we wanted and we had plenty of time to talk with each other. It was a great day!!


Yesterday was Mikey's actual birthday. He is 28, just like me!! He opened another present in the morning. I got him some white tshirts and boxers (necessities). We met for lunch and got pedicures. They were great. Mikey picked out a pretty color for me that Kiley will like. After work, Mikey got his last present. I gave him a MasterCard Gift Card to spend on anything he still wanted for his birthday. I think he is going to buy some cologne with it. We went to dinner with Brandon and Sara at Campania's in West Village. Neither of us had been. It was a cute little pizza place and the best part is that it is BYOBottle of Wine. Brandon and Sara got him a Dallas Cowboys Hard Hat and he wore it until he went to bed last night. The Cowboys better start stepping up and winning some games, Mikey is all set with attire for the rest of the season!!

This afternoon, we have another Sonogram and Doctor Appointment. I will post any updates when we get back!

Also, let me know what you think of the new blog....I was just playing around.

No comments: