Presley is 11 months old. Only one month until she is 1 year. She is growing so much and so fast. Her biggest developments have been her standing and taking steps. She walks all over the place with her toys or if we are holding her hands, but when we were in NY, she learned to stand up from a sitting position without pulling up on anything. Now she does it all the time, even with toys in her hand. The most steps she has taken is 4.
Another big milestone for both Presley and me is that we have begun the weaning process. My goal is to have her weaned by her first birthday, so we are dropping a feeding each week. We are going to start whole milk also, so any tips for that are greatly appreciated. I say that this is a milestone for both of us because it is. It will be hard on Mommy to stop nursing because it is such a bonding experience. It is also a huge accomplishment for me to nurse for a whole year. When I was pregnant with Presley, I set a goal for myself to not buy any formula or baby food for Presley and I met my goal! I nursed her for the entire year and made all of her baby food!
In addition to nursing, she is pretty much eating anything and everything. I have discovered that she is not to fond of watermelon and hot dogs. That's about it. Everything else goes into that little mouth.
Presley has 5 teeth. 3 on the top and 2 on the bottom. She is a little snaggle tooth with a big smile! She is also still napping twice a day when we don't have to take Kiley to therapy. When we go to therapy, she takes one long nap in the afternoon like Sister.
She loves pushing things all over the house. She loves her push toys, but even more, she loves pushing things without wheels. She likes the challenge. She pushes her play table all over the house and she even pushes around our kitchen and diningroom chairs. She is a strong little lady.
She still has a smile on her face ALL the time. When she is rested, happy, tired, hungry or groggy, she is ALWAYS smiling and I can't get enough of it.
She is learning what the word NO means. She knows the things she is not supposed to get into, so she slowly crawls over to them and stops to see if I am looking. Then I say, "P-r-e-s-l-e-y (drawn out), no, no, no, no, no." And as I say her name, she rocks her head back and forth to the no's. It is the cutest thing. She thinks if she does something cute, she can get away with anything.
She has also learned to wave and clap. She loves when people wave back at her. She thinks it is so funny. She claps on command and also when sister claps. She has learned the "more" sign too! Her favorite sound right now is the B sound. She loves saying Bud Bud, Book and Ball. They all sound really similar =). She can say the first part of UH OH, but hasn't quite gotten the OH part down. She makes the sound when she drops something or if she falls.
Presley is still a dancing fool at any sign of music. She bounces up and down with her legs and also gets her head into it. Absolutely adorable. Her personality is developing more every day. She puts on a show for people she doesn't know. She plays the shy card with the serious face and big eyes for the first minute and then warms up.
Let the coutdown begin to 1 year old!

No comments:
Post a Comment