Kiley helping Grampy drive the boat.

Presley and Grammy

The girls cruisin on the boat!

Presley did so much better in her life jacket this time. I am sure she has grown a lot in the last couple of months so it wasn't so big and bulky! She was all smiles.

Presley and Daddie

Presley and Grampy

Auntie K and Kiley

We parked the boat in a cove for a couple of hours. We ate some appetizers and swam in the lake. We brought a blow up pool for the girls. They sat in the boat under the shade and played. They loved it! I can't believe I didn't get any pictures. Next time...We were on the lake during the girls' nap time. I was curious to see how they would do. They did AMAZING...all weekend actually! We took a long cruise back to the dock to see if the girls would fall asleep. There was too much going on for Kiley, but Pres got a good power nap in.

So precious.

We went back to Grammy and Grampy's house for dinner. I got this cute picture of the girls before dinner. Kiley was giving sister a kiss.

So, when I say the girls were good this weekend, it is an understatement. After missing their afternoon naps, we gave them another test. We stayed out past their bedtime and even took Kiley out to see fireworks with us. We took the golf cart out to the highest point on the golf course to watch fireworks. We thought since they wouldn't be loud that Kiley was old enough to watch them. I must say that she LOVED the golf cart even more.
We got out there early and brought the iPod player. Kiley drove and danced the whole time. It was the cutest thing. Every once in a while, she would look up and watch the fireworks and then go back to driving. Kiley and Mommy!
We watched The Colony fireworks and then Frisco's. Kiley was such a good girl the entire time. Grammy stayed home with Presley. I thought she would be passed out when we got home. We walked in and she was playing away. We packed up the girls and headed home. They were out by the time we pulled out of the driveway. Mommy and Daddie were so proud of them. They were soooo good for such a long day and we had a blast!
On Sunday, Mikey smoked a brisket and ribs. Grammy, Grampy and Aunti K came over to swim and then we had dinner. Grammy brought baked beans and I made homemade mac n cheese. It was all delicious! After dinner, we put the girls to bed. They were still exhausted from the night before. Mikey, Grampy, Auntie K and I took the jeep to watch the Kaboom Town fireworks. They are the 3rd best in the US and they sure lived up to it. They were amazing!
Today, we went up to Grammy and Grampy's house again. We took the golf cart to the club house for lunch. Kiley got to drive. She was such a good driver and got so excited when she saw the golf cart! Then when we got to the club and she saw all of the golf carts, she was beside herself. It was too cute.
After lunch, we came home for the girl's naps. They have been playing ever since and are still in such good moods. They are dressed in their red white and blue. Kiley is so into books right now. She looks at them page by page and loves being read to.

I will revisit this in Presley's 10 month update, but I had to go ahead and post these pictures. Presley is walking all over the place with her toy. It is so cute.

She still stops and poses for the picture.

We had such a fun weekend celebrating our Nation's Independence. Happy 4th to everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment