Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day!

We had a great Mother's Day! Both of our families came over for the day! Mycah came up on Friday, Marmee & Guy came on Saturday evening and the Baird's came over after after church on Sunday. We went to Saturday Mass. The priest asked all Mothers to stand up and be recognized. It felt so good to stand up. I think I had tears in my eyes, but I blame that on pregnancy =).

The plan was to lay by the pool, but it was way too cold. Most everyone was dressed in pants and long sleeves.

Kiley wearing Daddie's glasses during breakfast.

Mikey gave me some beautiful Mother's Day roses, and I got 3 beautiful cards. I felt very special. I teared up again when I read my card from Mikey, Kiley & Presley...again, it must be the pregnancy. I do have a whole new outlook on Mother's Day now that I am a Mother. I always celebrated my appreciation for my Mother and how lucky I am to have her, but now it is so much more. Motherhood is very hard work, but it is also very rewarding and such a blessing. It is a very special day to celebrate my two blessings, Kiley & Presley and to also feel appreciated.

Daddie, Kiley and Presley bought me a new desk chair! I have been sitting in a small wicker chair for so long. Now that I am pregnant, my back aches every night. Thanks Daddie and Kiley! This one is so much better!

We attempted to sit outside for a while even though it was pretty cool. Mike, Mike, Boo, Buddy and Bowie.

Connie, Katie, Kiley and Mikey

The gifts.

Mycah gave Mom a beautiful necklace!

Mom and Dad gave me some fun outdoor dining stuff! We have been eating dinner outside every night!

Mikey, Kiley, Presley & I got our Mom's a box of Greeting cards. There are 30 of them and they are for all different occasions. The box has dividers so you can file all of the cards according to their purpose. It is so convenient to have around the house!

The weather was not great on Sunday, so we had to move our picnic lunch inside. Mikey made his famous bacon, cheese burgers and we had all of the good toppings, lettuce, tomato, avacodo, and onion. Mycah made chicken dip for an appetizer and brownies for dessert. Mike brought baked beans and potato salad. Katie brought some delicious fruit and ice cream to go with the brownies. Dad made shrimp and his famous sangria. Everything was delicious!!

Thank you to Mike, Mike, Mikey, Katie & Mycah for making our Mother's Day very special! Everything was delicious and we enjoyed spending the day with you.

No comments: