Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Birthday Weekend!

I am officially in the last year of my 20's, and we had a great time celebrating. As most of you know, we have a rule in our house that your birthday celebration lasts 7 days, 3 days before and 3 days after. So we started celebrating on Wednesday. When I woke up Wednesday morning, Kiley (Mikey) had made and hung this beautiful sign for me. They are the best.

Mikey renewed my US Weekly subscription as my present for the day. On Wednesday evening, I got to go play tennis with Katie Belvin and then they had us over for dinner. I took this picture of Kiley in her gym before I left. She was being silly. I can't get the red out of her eyes...

Katie playing with Kiley before dinner. She was wearing her cute tennis outfit for the occasion.

Mommy and Kiley at dinner. It was delicious!

Kiley giving Mommy a birthday kiss!

They surprised me with a little cookie with a candle in it and then we watched the US Open.

On Thursday morning, Kiley and I went on our walk as usual. After I put Kiley down for her morning nap, I realized that my throat hurt. It only got worse from there. Kiley had been sick earlier in the week and I guess she gave it to me. So on Thursday evening, Mikey cooked dinner and we stayed in and watched football. We are so excited that football is back on!

On Friday, I didn't feel much better and didn't want to push myself too much and get even worse. Mom brought over lunch to celebrate with me. I was supposed to have a wine and cheese night with girlfriends, but decided to reschedule and rest. Mikey played in a golf tournament. On his way home, he stopped and picked up Chicken Express for dinner. It was delicious! He also informed me that his throat was now sore, so he was basically a day behind me the whole weekend.

Saturday morning, I still didn't feel great, and Mikey was feeling worse, but it was my actual birthday, so we had to celebrate. Mikey got up and made coffee. We sat outside and watched the rain. (Did I mention that it rained the entire weekend?!?!)

We were trying to decide what to do for the day. It was all pretty spontaneous, but it turned out perfect. Marmee came to stay with Kiley and we went to Brunch. After Brunch, we were headed to the Galleria for some shopping. Mikey made a detour saying he needed gas and ended up turning into the AT&T store. I got an iPhone!! I am so excited. It is something that I really wanted, but I didn't need it at all. It was such a fun surprise and I love it!! Thanks honey! After we did some shopping, we came back to the house to rest. Mycah and Dad had come up too. Mycah did my hair for my birthday present. It was long overdue and it feels great! Thanks Mycah!

Marmee, Kiley and the boys helped.

Before dinner, I opened presents.
I got some great things: New hardware for my bath tub, a couple bottles of wine, some Christmas decorations and tennis clothes! Thanks Mom and Dad.

A picture of the 3 of us before we left for dinner!

Mikey took me to Mi Piaci for my birthday dinner. It was soooo good!

On Sunday, Mom and Dad made appetizers for the Cowboy game and then Mom made a DELICIOUS prime rib dinner. They worked so hard and everything was amazing.

Baird Family ready for the Cowboy game!

Mikey's family came for the celebration too! A toast to my birthday!

Everyone watching the game! Thanks for the WIN on my birthday!

Kiley hanging out in her Cowboy gear. She received plenty of attention from both sets of GParents and both Aunts all in one house!

The beautiful table. It was my request to use the china and crystal. Everything just tastes so much better!

Everyone at the table.

The 3 of us enjoying the delicious dinner. Kiley loved Marmee's mashed potatoes.

I chose brownies for dessert. They were trick candles.

My family birthday celebration was so much fun! Mom did such an amazing job with dinner. It gets better everytime she make it! Thanks to Mikey, Kiley, Mom, Dad, Mycah, Mike, Connie, and Katie for making me feel so special! I had so much fun celebrating with you!

So come Monday, we were pretty partied out and still not 100% well. We watched Monday Night Football and relaxed. We will pick up later in the week with the rest of the celebrating, once we are both feeling better. Stay tuned.

No comments: