Monday, August 4, 2008

Addie came to visit!

This weekend was another busy one, but very fun. Friday, Mikey took Carri to Lake Lewisville for the afternoon, so I made plans with Mom to finish up some baby stuff. We met at Babies R Us to finish up my registry. We had so much fun with all of the girly stuff, especially the clothes. We finished up the checklist, and we have quite a variety. I figure the more for people to choose from, the better. I was thinking to myself as we were registering that when you register when you get married, it is different. You already have plates and silverware and other things, but you register because you want new stuff for the two of you. On the other hand, when you are registering for a baby, you really have NOTHING. Which means, we need EVERYTHING on our registry!! Ok, maybe we don't need that many clothes, or some of the fun bibs or toys, but most everything is a necessity that we can't live without. After we finished registering, we went to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up a few things for my sister and for Mikey. Boy are they lucky to have us =). We went to dinner at Houlihan's and then came home to look at the damage on the registry. I think we have most things covered! By the way, the furniture came in last week!!

On Saturday morning, we woke up and started getting the house ready for our pool day. Gretchen, Ben, Hilary, Trisha, Alan, Lisa, Bryan and ADDIE came over to swim. We cooked out on the grill and had a bunch of snacks. There were plenty of drinks to go around. The guest of honor, Ms. Addison Rich, graced us with her presence. She was all decked out, sunglasses and all. Quite adorable. She spent most of the day inside and in the shade, but she did come out and get her feet wet. It was soooo hot! I also got to get some practice changing her diaper. I think it has been 21 years since I have changed a diaper. It was like riding a bike for the most part, but it was neat that the diapers are now velcro and not sticky. She was such a good girl all day!

On Saturday night, we went to Glass Cactus to celebrate Brandon's birthday. They had a live band and it was great for people watching. It seems that people of all ages were there. I bet a lot of people come over from the hotel. It was a bit challenging finding a "going out" outfit, but I managed with what I had. We had a lot of fun. Happy Birthday Brandon!

Sunday morning, Mikey took Carri to the airport. We think she had a good time. She got plenty of sun, that's for sure. We took her to dinner at La Hacienda Ranch for mexican food, went to Mikey's parents for dinner one night, went to Mikey's softball game, and then to the lake on Friday. She had a busy, but relaxing week. We spent the rest of the day on the couch. It was way to hot for anyone to be outside, much less a pregnant woman. We went to Jake's for a late lunch and watched a couple of movies. It was nice to have a lazy day to catch up on our rest before another week of work.

No comments: