On Tuesday, I went to class again from 830am to 430pm, but my evening was a little more exciting. I did have to catch up on some work when I got back to the hotel. Even though I am in training, I still have deadlines back at work. Ashley came to see me for dinner! We met at a little Italian Restaurant by my hotel and it was delicious. Since Ashley lives down here, I don't get to see her as much as the other girls, so it was fun catching up with her. She is engaged to our friend from college, Thomas (one of Mikey's fraternity brothers), and they are planning to get married on May 30th of next year! Doesn't Ashley looked so pretty and so happy? Please excuse the hideous picture of me as I have written off makeup this week. I figure I won't see any of these people I am in training with ever again, and I am pregnant, so HAH. I will use that excuse as much as I can!Wednesday wasn't too exciting. Training and then back to the hotel. I did get another work out in. Twice this week so far, I am doing a lot better than last week! I finally started one of the 3 books I brought with me. I figured I would be so bored in this hotel room, but I guess I have been spending my time in front of the tv and the computer. I got to watch Hard Knocks on HBO which I wouldn't have been able to do at home. We got the new Fiber Optics cable (please don't ask Mikey about this, it is a sore subject. He is not happy with the picture on our big 60 inch plasma tv.). Anyway, we didn't get HBO with this new cable, so watching Hard Knocks is a nice perk for being stuck in a hotel in Houston.
Thursday we actually got out of class early, so I went back to the hotel and started one of my books. Baby Proof by Emily Giffin, I absolutely love her. I have been looking forward to Thursday night for multiple reasons. First and most important, it is my last night, second I planned to order pizza from my room and watch the Cowboys. At about 10 after 7pm I started flipping channels and guess what? No Cowboys in Houston. I was so bummed, so I decided to indulge in my pizza and read for the rest of the night.
On Friday, I checked out of the hotel and headed to class. I left class around 2pm to catch my flight. I decided that I couldn't imagine being any more pregnant and traveling by myself. By the time I put gas in the car, returned it, took the shuttle, checked my luggage and went through security, I was exhausted. Not to mention the Houston humidity is awful. Once we boarded the plane and pulled away from the gate, they told us we were in a holding spot and were being re-routed due to storms near Dallas. So the 45 minute flight turned into about an hour and a half, but I made it home safely. Mikey picked me up and then made me dinner. I survived my week in Houston and I am so glad to be home and looking forward to the 3 day weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment