Another big milestone in the Baird Household. Bentley is a big boy and wears big boy undies (still working on saying undies and not panties)!!
We did the same potty training method with Bentley as we did with Presley. We put a 3 day weekend on the calendar. We got rid of the diapers and filled the treat jars! If I recall correctly, Presley had it down in a couple of hours. Bentley just about took the entire 3 days but he did great!
I have to say the "boy" training was a bit of a challenge. He is too small to stand up and when he sits down he has to point it down or stuff goes everywhere!! He also likes to sit far back on the toilet so he had to take his shorts and undies off every single time. And his number twos take FOREVER.
He chose a ring pop after one of his successful number twos!
I do have to say, the outside thing is a lot easier with a boy! We are just working on him not pulling down his britches in the middle of the front yard while everyone is playing! This picture is actually in our neighbors front yard.
When we first started shopping for big boy undies, I took the approach of how I dress him. No characters and only wear what Daddie would wear. Well he insisted on the characters. I have to admit that it did make the training easier because he had to keep spider man dry, or batman dry. He also looks super cute with a spider man tooshy! I couldn't resist taking this picture!
As I write this blog, he has been trained for about a month and has done pretty well. Mikey and I went on vacation and he regressed big time. I spent a couple of days retraining him and we still have to retrain him for the nighttime. We did decide to put him in a pull up at night for now. He doesn't have a bathroom connected to his bedroom like Presley does and there is no way we could let him have free reign of the house at night. We will night train when he is a little older. In the meantime, we are SUPER proud of our little man! I haven't had only one child in diapers since before Presley was born. Pay raise! And we are praying that some day we will be able to train Kiley and be diaper free!! Two down and one to go!
First Day of 7th & 9th Grade
1 day ago

1 comment:
That is awesome & I am jealous! Although I dread having to potty train Sophie - she is my difficult child so I'm sure it won't be easy :(
Post a Comment