Over Winter Break, we hit a very big milestone in the Baird Household. Kiley is officially sleeping in a big girl bed! We are so excited and so proud of her. You may remember a couple years ago when I was pregnant with Bentley, we bought all new bedroom furniture for Kiley so that we could give her furniture to Bentley. Kiley was not ready for her new bed, so we moved it into Presley's room and put Presley's crib in Kiley's room.
Kiley started sleeping in beds when we were at my parents house, so we thought she would be ready. I wanted to try it over the break so we didn't have to worry about her getting up for school the next day. It is basically sleep training all over again. It took a little over a week and some different tactics before we were finally successful.
We tried to let Presley sleep with her to get her used to her new bed.
Ok, on a side note, here is another picture of the girls sleeping in Kiley's bed. I sent this to my girlfriends and they asked who the 3 person was in the bed. Do you see it on the left? Bentley was fast asleep in his bed. It looked so real. My Mom was staying with us and I got so freaked out, I asked her to go upstairs and check. To this day, I still believe it was my sister, Rachael, looking over the girls.
Mikey and I would take turns laying with her until she fell asleep. This made for a cute picture.
I had Presley and Kiley spend "quiet time" in Kiley's room to help get her used to her bed.
We would let her cry it out. She would come cry by the door and then go fall asleep somewhere on the floor. This one broke my heart. I would go up and put her back in bed.
We went to my parents for Christmas, which gave us a little break from the sleep training. When we got home, we continued to let her cry it out and she started staying in bed and then eventually it clicked! Most nights she still sleeps in her bed like it is her crib, but she is in the bed!!
I have been working on Kiley's room since we bought her new furniture and it never felt complete until we converted her to her big girl bed. Now her room is finally complete!
Since Presley was such a trooper 2 years ago we let her go ahead and keep Kiley's original bed. Luckily all of the furniture is white!
As I said in the beginning of this post, it is such a huge milestone for us, since we were unsuccessful the first time. It is a huge weight lifted off of our shoulders and we are so incredibly proud of Kiley!
First Day of 7th & 9th Grade
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment