Bentley is 9 months old and it seems way too close to being one year old and I am not ready for that!!
I took this picture the morning that he turned 9 months!
He had his 9 month checkup that morning. He weighs 18 pounds 6 ounces (28%), he is 29 inches long (78%) and his head is 18.25 inches round (86%).

As for development he is doing really well. He is crawling all over the place and getting into everything. He is pulling up to a stand and cruising around the furniture. He is also getting brave and only holding on with one hand. When he stands up, he does a lot of bouncing. He has started dancing. He stands at his toys that make music and dances and also, when he is crawling, he stops and starts breaking it down. It is the cutest thing! He is just barely starting to walk when you hold his hands. Mikey is eager for him to walk so he can take him outside to play, but I am holding onto my little baby as long as I can! As for sounds, we have heard some mamamas and a couple dadadas, but nothing consistent yet. I just don't think boys talk as much as girls do, or in his case, he just can't get a word in with his sisters around! He still does a lot of the spitting sound and he clicks his tongue when he wants to nurse!

He is still in size 3 diapers and the clothes he is wearing range anywhere from 6-9 months to 12 months. Everthing I buy new is 12 months. He is taking 2 naps a day and sleeping about 12-13 hours each night. He still nurses 4 times a day and is pretty much eating 2-3 meals a day and snacks whenever sisters have snacks. He loves table food and will eat anything in front of him. In addition to rice cereal/oatmeal, fruits and veggies, we have introduced meats and dairies to him and he loves them both. The only things we can't feed him yet are honey, egg whites, peanut butter, nuts and shellfish. He is also drinking very well out of his sippy cup! I keep calling him a bottomless pit every time he is in that high chair and I know this is just the beginning of raising a boy!
As I say in every post, he is still such a sweet good boy. Never fusses or cries unless he wants something and he loves playing with his big sisters. He is starting to get more and more interested in their toys.

Everything still goes to the mouth. On a daily basis, I am constantly scooping whatever he finds on the floors out of his mouth. In saying that, everyone keeps telling me I should document this story, so I figure this would be a good segway into my next post of Kiley's 5th birthday. When Mikey and I came back from Idaho, I noticed that Kiley was missing a tooth. I thought it was so strange that my parents or inlaws did not mention that she lost a tooth. I asked Presley when she woke up and she had this story about how Marmee took it out up in their bathroom. So we called Marmee and she had no idea what we were talking about and did not notice her missing a tooth. So I called my mother in law and she said she did notice it the day before and figured that she had swallowed it. I really didn't think Kiley would swallow her tooth because of all of her texture issues. So I went upstairs and changed her bedsheets and didn't find anything. A couple of days later, Bentley was crawling around in our entry way and once again he had something in his mouth. I went over and scooped it out and sure enough, it was Kiley's tooth!
Oh, and speaking of teeth, Bentley cut is first two teeth the week of Halloween. His two bottom teeth.
Our sweet boy is being baptised this weekend so stay tuned for Kiley's 5th birthday pictures and Bentley's baptism pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment