So, I realize Bentley is 2 months old and this is my first formal update. It is hard juggling 3 little ones! I promise to stay up to date from here on out!
Bentley Michael is such a sweet little (or should I say big) boy! From the second he was born, he has been a great eater and has been growing very fast! He was 6'15 when he was born and he only lost about 3 ounces in the hospital. I took him for a checkup at the pediatrician when he was 6 days old and he was already up to 7'11! The pediatrician says they should be back up to their birth weight in two weeks and he gained almost a pound in a few days! Then, when I took him in for his one month checkup, he weighed 9'9. Babies are supposed to gain 1/2 an ounce to an ounce per day and he had gained 30 ounces in 21 days!
So, last week, Presley and I took B in for his 2 month checkup.
And he didn't disappoint us. He now weighs 12'2.6 (56%). He gained over 40 ounces in 30 days! He is 22.75 inches long (49%) and his head is 15.75 inches round (84%).
Dr. Harn was very pleased with his growth and development. Unfortunately, he had to get 4 vaccines, but he was a tough little boy!
I am nursing Bentley full time, but Dr. Harn said we should have already introduced a bottle to him, so I came home and pumped to give him his first bottle. I pumped about 4 ounces which I think is pretty typical for each feeding at this age.
He took the bottle so well and drank the whole thing!
I tried to take a picture of him in his milk bottle coma.
Now that he is two months old, we are just getting started on his baby wise schedule. He is finally able to go 3 hours in between feedings. During the day, he is nursing at 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm. This schedule works the best with the girls school schedules and our gym schedule. He does not like to sleep on his back, so only under my supervision, do I let him sleep on his tummy.
Dr. Harn diagnosed him with acid reflux and he is now on meds for that, so we are hoping that helps him learn to sleep on his back. He is starting to suck his thumb a little bit. It will be so much easier when he is able to self soothe a little bit. We have not given him a pacifier. He is in 0-3 month clothes and even fits into some 3 month onesies. Sadly, he has already completely grown out of his newborn clothes. He is in size 1 diapers and I am hoping to keep him in them long enough to finish up the ones we have!
Big sister feeding him.
Marmee got to feed him too, but with a lot of help from his sisters!
Cutie Pie. I can't get enough of his smile!
Everyone asks if it is different having a boy and it really is. Of course all of the newborn care (feedings, diaper changes, cries, etc.) are pretty similar, but having a boy is different. He is definitely built different and is bigger than the girls were at this age. I already love him so much and am so excited and blessed to be able to experience a mother/son bond with him. He is obviously Mommy's boy since I am the only one that can feed him at this point. He loves for me to hold him and is so cuddly! I love that he recognizes me and gives me a big smile and tries to talk to me. It melts my heart.
When I ask people who he looks like, they either say Mikey or Presley. I tried to take this picture of Presley and Bentley while they were laying in my bed watching TV, but it is a little dark to see much resemblance.
I took these pictures of my handsome son on his two month birthday.
He is so handsome!
I am trying to cherish every second because he is already growing up so fast. I can't believe it has already been two months since he was born!

No comments:
Post a Comment